49. QQ Wang, M Cao, LM Fan, PN Duchesne, PF Wang, S Li, RF Li, and XL Yan. “Effects of penta-coordinated Al3+ sites and Ni defective sites on Ni/Al2O3 for CO methanation.” AIChE Journal 2022. https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.17998 (Early Access)
48. Z Li, CL Mao, QJ Pei, PN Duchesne, T He, MK Xia, JT Wang, L Wang, R Song, AA Jelle, DM Meira, QJ Ge, KK Ghuman, L He, XH Zhang, and GA Ozin. “Engineered Disorder in CO2 Photocatalysis.” Nature Communications 2022, 13, 7205.
47. Z Zhang, C Mao, DM Meira, PN Duchesne, AA Tountas, Z Li, CY Qiu, SL Tang, R Song, X Ding, JC Sun, JF Yu, JY Howe, WG Tu, L Wang, and GA Ozin. “New black indium oxide — Tandem photothermal CO2–H2 methanol selective catalyst.” Nature Communications, 2022, 13, 1512.
46. NT Nguyen, MK Xia, PN Duchesne, L Wang, CL Mao, AA Jelle, TJ Yan, PC Li, ZH Lu, and GA Ozin. “Enhanced CO2 photocatalysis by indium hydroxide supported on TiN@TiO2 nanotubes.” Nano Letters 2021, 21, 1311.
45. NT Nguyen, TJ Yan, L Wang, JYY Loh, PN Duchesne, CL Mao, PC Li, AA Jelle, MK Xia, M Ghoussoub, NP Kherani, ZH Lu, and GA Ozin. “Plasmonic titanium nitride facilitates indium oxide CO2 photocatalysis.” Small 2020, 16, 2005754.
44. TJ Yan, N Li, LL Wang, WG Ran, PN Duchesne, LL Wan, NT Nguyen, L Wang, MK Xia, and GA Ozin. “Bismuth atom tailoring of indium oxide surface frustrated Lewis pairs boosts heterogeneous CO2 photocatalytic hydrogenation.” Nature Communications 2020, 11, 6095.
43. JL Guo†, PN Duchesne†, L Wang, R Song, MK Xia, U Ulmer, W Sun, YC Dong, JYY Loh, NP Kherani, JM Du, BL Zhu, WP Huang, SM Zhang, and GA Ozin. “High-performance, scalable, and low-cost copper hydroxyapatite for photothermal CO2 reduction.” ACS Catalysis 2020, 10, 13668.
42. YF Xu, PN Duchesne, L Wang, A Tavasoli, AA Jelle, MK Xia, JF Liao, DB Kuang, and GA Ozin. “High-performance Light-driven heterogeneous CO2 catalysis with near-unity selectivity on metal phosphides.” Nature Communications 2020, 11, 1.
41. XL Yan, W Sun, W Wang, PN Duchesne, XN Deng, JQ He, C Kübel, RF Li, DR Yang, and GA Ozin. “Flash solid-solid synthesis of silicon oxide nanorods.” Small 2020, 2001435.
40. M Ghoussoub, PN Duchesne, MK Xia, AA Jelle, SS He, N Soheilnia, and GA Ozin. “Kinetics and mechanism of turanite reduction by hydrogen.” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2020, 124, 18356.
39. W Sun, XL Yan, CX Qian, PN Duchesne, SGH Kumar, and GA Ozin. “The next big thing for silicon nanostructures – CO2 Photocatalysis.” Faraday Discussions 2020, 222, 424.
38. L Wang, YC Dong, TJ Yan, ZX Hu, AA Jelle, DM Meira, PN Duchesne, JYY Loh, CY Qiu, EE Storey, YF Xu, W Sun, M Ghoussoub, NP Kherani, AS Helmy, GA Ozin. “Black indium oxide: A photothermal CO₂ hydrogenation catalyst.” Nature Communications 2020, 11, 2432.
37. YC Dong, PN Duchesne, A Mohan, KK Ghuman, P Kant, L Hurtado, U Ulmer, JYY Loh, AA Tountas, L Wang, AA Jelle, MK Xia, R Dittmeyer, and GA Ozin. “Shining light on CO2: From materials discovery to photocatalyst, photoreactor, and process engineering.” Chemical Society Reviews 2020, 49, 5648.
36. XW Lv, L Wang, GC Wang, R Hao, JT Ren, XL Lu, PN Duchesne, YP Liu, W Li, ZY Yuan, and GA Ozin. “ZIF-supported AuCu nanoalloy for ammonia electrosynthesis from nitrogen and thin air.” Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2020, 8, 8868.
35. ZY Jiang, XH Zhang, W Sun, DR Yang, PN Duchesne, YG Gao, ZY Wang, TJ Yan, ZM Yuan, GH Yang, XX Ji, JC Chen, BB Huang, and GA Ozin. “Building a bridge from papermaking to solar fuels.” Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2019, 58, 14850.
34. YF Li, WL Lu, K Chen, PN Duchesne, AA Jelle, MK Xia, TE Wood, U Ulmer, and GA Ozin. “Cu atoms on nanowire Pd/HyWO3-x bronzes enhance the solar reverse water gas shift reaction.” Journal of the American Chemical Society 2019, 141, 14991.
33. LL Wan, QX Zhou, X Wan, TE Wood, L Wang, PN Duchesne, JL Guo, XL Yan, MK Xia, YF Li, AA Jelle, U Ulmer, J Jia, T Li, W Sun, and GA Ozin. “Cu2O nanocubes with mixed oxidation-state facets for (photo)catalytic hydrogenation of carbon dioxide.” Nature Catalysis 2019, 2, 889.
32. U Ulmer, T Dingle, PN Duchesne, RH Morris, A Tavasoli, T Wood, and GA Ozin. “Fundamentals and applications of photocatalytic CO2 methanation.” Nature Communications 2019, 10, 3169.
31. M Ghoussoub, MK Xia, PN Duchesne, D Segal, and GA Ozin. “Principles of photothermal gas-phase heterogeneous CO2 catalysis.” Energy and Environmental Science 2019, 12, 1122.
30. AA Tountas, XY Peng, AV Tavasoli, PN Duchesne, TL Dingle, YC Dong, L Hurtado, A Mohan, W Sun, U Ulmer, L Wang, TE Wood, CT Maravelias, MM Sain, and GA Ozin. “Towards solar methanol: Past, present, and future.” Advanced Science 2019, 6, 1801903.
29. PN Duchesne, ZY Li, V Fung, XJ Zhao, J Yuan, T Regier, A Aldalbahi, Z Almarhoon, SW Chen DE Jiang, NF Zheng, and P Zhang. “Golden single-atomic-site platinum electrocatalysts.” Nature Materials 2018, 17, 1033.
28. YC Dong, KK Ghuman, R Popescu, PN Duchesne, WJ Zhou, JYY Loh, AA Jelle, J Jia, D Wang, XK Mu, C Kübel, L Wang, L He, M Ghoussoub, Q Wang, TE Wood, LM Reyes, P Zhang, NP Kherani, CV Singh, and GA Ozin. “Tailoring surface frustrated Lewis pairs of In2O3-x(OH)y for gas-phase heterogeneous photocatalytic reduction of CO2 by isomorphous substitution of In3+ with Bi3+.” Advanced Science 2018, 5, 1700732.
27. JR Li, Z Xi, Y-T Pan, JS Spendelow, PN Duchesne, D Su, Q Li, C Yu, ZY Yin, B Shen, YS Kim, P Zhang, SH Sun. “Fe stabilization by intermetallic L10-FePt and Pt catalysis enhancement in L10-FePt/Pt nanoparticles for efficient oxygen reduction reaction in fuel cells.” Journal of American Chemical Society 2018, 140, 2926.
26. Z Xu, MG Kibria, B AlOtaibi, PN Duchesne, LV Besteiro, Y Gao, Q Zhang, Z Mi, P Zhang, AO Govorov, L Mai, M Chaker, D Ma. “Towards enhancing photocatalytic hydrogen generation: Which is more important, alloy synergistic effect or plasmonic effect?” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2018, 221, 77.
25. W Huang, X‐Y Ma, H Wang, R Feng, J Zhou, PN Duchesne, P Zhang, F Chen, N Han, F Zhao, J Zhou, W‐B Cai, and Y Li. “Promoting effect of Ni(OH)2 on palladium nanocrystals leads to greatly improved operation durability for electrocatalytic ethanol oxidation in alkaline solution.” Advanced Materials 2017, 29, 1703057.
24. J Jia, H Wang, Z Lu, PG O’Brien, M Ghoussoub, PN Duchesne, Z Zheng, P Li, Q Qiao, L Wang, A Gu, AA Jelle, Y Dong, Q Wang, KK Ghuman, T Wood, C Qian, Y Shao, C Qiu, M Ye, Y Zhu, Z‐H Lu, P Zhang, AS Helmy, CV Singh, NP Kherani, DD Perovic, and GA Ozin. “Photothermal catalyst engineering: Hydrogenation of gaseous CO2 with high activity and tailored selectivity.” Advanced Science 2017, 4, 1700252.
23. Z Xi, DP Erdosy, A Mendoza-Garcia, PN Duchesne, J Li, M Muzzio, Q Li, P Zhang, and S Sun. “Pd nanoparticles coupled to WO2.72 nanorods for enhanced electrochemical oxidation of formic acid.” Nano Letters 2017, 17, 2727.
22. H Ye, L Wang, S Deng, X Zeng, K Nie, PN Duchesne, B Wang, S Liu, J Zhou, F Zhao, N Han, P Zhang, J Zhong, X Sun, Y Li, Y Li, and J Lu. “Amorphous MoS3 infiltrated with carbon nanotubes as an advanced anode material of sodium‐ion batteries with large gravimetric, areal, and volumetric capacities.” Advanced Energy Materials 2017, 7, 1601602.
21. J Good, PN Duchesne, P Zhang, W Koshut, M Zhou, and R Jin. “On the functional role of the cerium oxide support in the Au38(SR)24/CeO2 catalyst for CO oxidation.” Catalysis Today 2017, 280, 239.
20. Q Gong, Y Wang, Q Hu, J Zhou, R Feng, PN Duchesne, P Zhang, F Chen, N Han, Y Li, C Jin, Y Li, and S-T Lee. “Ultrasmall and phase-pure W2C nanoparticles for efficient electrocatalytic and photoelectrochemical hydrogen evolution.” Nature Communications 2016, 7, 13216.
19. J Liu, PN Duchesne, M Yu, X Jiang, X Ning, RD Vinluan, P Zhang, and J Zheng “Luminescent gold nanoparticles with size-independent emission.” Angewandte Chemie 2016, 128, 9040.
18. D Deng, X Chen, L Yu, X Wu, Q Liu, Y Liu, H Yang, H Tian, Y Hu, P Du, R Si, J Wang, X Cui, H Li, J Xiao, T Xu, J Deng, F Yang, PN Duchesne, P Zhang, J Zhou, L Sun, J Li, X Pan and X Bao. “A single iron site confined in a graphene matrix for the catalytic oxidation of benzene at room temperature.” Science Advances 2015, 1, e1500462.
17. W Huang, H Wang, J Zhou, J Wang, PN Duchesne, D Muir, P Zhang, N Han, F Zhao, M Zeng, J Zhong, C Jin, Y Li, S-T Lee, and H Dai. “Highly active and durable methanol oxidation electrocatalyst based on the synergy of platinum-nickel hydroxide-graphene.” Nature Communications 2015, 6, 1.
16. H Li, G Chen, PN Duchesne, P Zhang, Y Dai, H Yang, B Wu, S Liu, C Xu, and N Zheng. “A nanoparticulate polyacetylene-supported Pd (II) catalyst combining the advantages of homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysts.” Chinese Journal of Catalysis 2015, 36, 1560.
15. G Zhong, J Bai, PN Duchesne, MJ McDonald, Q Li, X Hou, JA Tang, Y Wang, W Zhao, Z Gong, P Zhang, R Fu, and Y Tang. “Copper phosphate as a cathode material for rechargeable Li batteries and its electrochemical reaction mechanism.” Chemistry of Materials 2015, 27, 5736.
14. JD Padmos, ML Personick, Q Tang, PN Duchesne, D Jiang, CA Mirkin, and P Zhang. “The surface structure of silver-coated gold nanocrystals and its influence on shape control.” Nature Communications 2015, 6, 7472.
13. P Hu, PN Duchesne, Y Song, P Zhang, and S Chen. “Self-assembly and chemical reactivity of alkenes on platinum nanoparticles.” Langmuir 2015, 31, 522.
12. K Zhang, W Yang, C Ma, Y Wang, C Sun, Y Chen, PN Duchesne, J Zhou, J Wang, Y Hu, MN Banis, P Zhang, F Li, J Li, and L Chen. “A highly active, stable and synergistic Pt nanoparticles/Mo2C nanotube catalyst for methanol electro-oxidation.” NPG Asia Materials 2015, 7, e153.
11. PN Duchesne, G Chen, X Zhao, N Zheng, and P Zhang. “Surface reconstruction and reactivity of platinum–iron oxide nanoparticles.” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2014, 118, 28861.
10. PN Duchesne and P Zhang. “Element-specific analysis of the growth mechanism, local structure, and electronic properties of Pt clusters formed on Ag nanoparticle surfaces.” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2014, 118, 21714.
9. G Chen, Y Zhao, G Fu, PN Duchesne, L Gu, Y Zheng, X Weng, M Chen, P Zhang, C-W Pao, J-F Lee, and N Zheng. “Interfacial effects in iron-nickel hydroxide–platinum nanoparticles enhance catalytic oxidation.” Science 2014, 344, 495.
8. J Zhou, PN Duchesne, Y Hu, J Wang, P Zhang, Y Li, T Regier, and H Dai. “Fe–N bonding in a carbon nanotube–graphene complex for oxygen reduction: An XAS study.” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 2014, 16, 15787.
7. J Zhang, H Asakura, J van Rijn, J Yang, PN Duchesne, B Zhang, X Chen, P Zhang, Mark Saeys, and N Yan. “Highly efficient, NiAu-catalyzed hydrogenolysis of lignin into phenolic chemicals.” Green Chemistry 2014, 16, 2432.
6. PN Duchesne, G Chen, N Zheng, and P Zhang. “Local structure, electronic behavior, and electrocatalytic reactivity of CO-reduced platinum–iron oxide nanoparticles.” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2013, 117, 26324.
5. N An, S Li, PN Duchesne, P Wu, W Zhang, JF Lee, S Cheng, P Zhang, M Jia, and W Zhang. “Size effects of platinum colloid particles on the structure and CO oxidation properties of supported Pt/Fe2O3 catalysts.” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2013, 117, 21254.
4. W Zhang, PN Duchesne, ZL Gong, SQ Wu, L Ma, Z Jiang, S Zhang, P Zhang, J-X Mi, and Y Yang. “In situ electrochemical XAFS studies on an iron fluoride high-capacity cathode material for rechargeable lithium batteries.” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2013, 117, 11498.
3. PN Duchesne and P Zhang. “Local structure of fluorescent platinum nanoclusters.” Nanoscale 2012, 4, 4199.
2. JD Padmos, PN Duchesne, M Dunbar, and P Zhang. “Gold nanoparticles on titanium and interaction with prototype protein.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A 2010, 95, 146.
1. Z Bayindir, PN Duchesne, SC Cook, MA MacDonald, and P Zhang. “X-ray spectroscopy studies on the surface structural characteristics and electronic properties of platinum nanoparticles.” The Journal of Chemical Physics 2009, 131, 244716.